Chelsea manager Frank Lampard deserves some accolades for the way that he has been able to introduce a lot of the young players into regular first team football at the club. Several football stakeholders had their reservations about Lampard and how he will thrive in his first big job as a professional football manager but he has been able to prove the doubters wrong in his first season as the Blues boss.
Lampard is very popular amongst the Chelsea supporters having enjoyed a hugely successful playing career with the club. He holds the record for the most goals in a Chelsea shirt even as a midfielder.
The ex-England international was very impressive in his first managerial job at Derby County last season and that prompted his elevation from the English Championship to the Premier League after just one season with the Rams. His appointment coincided with a transfer ban imposed on the Blues for breaching rules on the transfer of young players and this left Frank Lampard with just old players plus young players to work with for the current season. Lampard has been able to get the best out of these young players from leading goalscorer Tammy Abraham to teen midfielder Billy Gilmour to teen right-back Recce James and many more.
- Juventus Assign Ramsey His Shirt Number
- Why Manchester United Must Saul Niguez This Summer
- EPL: Possible Arsenal Replacements For Mesut Ozil
Some of these young players have been lined up for new squad numbers as from next season which will kick off in few months time. Here are the top three players earmarked for new squad numbers:
1. Reece James – The England junior international has made the right-back spot his own at Chelsea. He currently wears the jersey number 24 at the club.
2. Fikayo Tomori – The Chelsea no. 29 has been able to establish himself as one of the four centre backs at the club upon his return from a successful loan spell at Derby County last season.
3. Billy Gilmour – The young midfielder wears jersey number 47 and he’s the youngest player on the Chelsea first team.
The post Chelsea: Top Three Players Earmarked For New Squad Numbers appeared first on Thewistle , writing by Amuda Segun.